VideosCommittee on Constitutional Amendments and Revision of Codes (February 1, 2018)
Senate’s public hearing conducted by the Committee on Constitutional Amendments and Revision of Codes on the matter of amending or revising the 1987 Constitution, on 01 February 2018, Thursday, 2:00PM at the Senator Taǹada Room, 2nd Floor , Senate of the Philippines, GSIS Financial Center, Pasay City. Focused on the following key issues:
1. Is there a need to amend or revise the Constitution? Why or why not?
2. If so, what parts of the Constitution should be amended or revised? Why?
3. Should the amendment or revision be proposed Constitutional Convention or by the Congress itself acting as a constituent assembly? Why?
4. If Congress convenes as a constituent assembly for the purpose of amending or revising the Constitution, should the Senate and the House of the Representatives vote jointly or separately?
5. If Congress pass a resolution limiting the power of the Constituent Assembly or Constitutional Convention, or are their powers plenary?